Monday, April 13, 2020

Somewhere


I decided to place myself on a beautiful beach in Thailand. I have never been but I would love to go to one day. With COVID-19, a lot of things have changed and one of those things is not being able to go to the beaches anymore. I wish I could be at a Thailand beach or even any beach right now. As the flight prices are tempting, I am requesting the urge to go. I used the cloning tool a lot in this assignment. In the original photo, there was another girl standing there, so I wanted to blend the background seamlessly so you couldn’t tell. Our body was the position in two different ways, so that also played a part in why I choose to clone the areas. If I were to do the selection and mask, the entire body area would be cropped from the photo leaving me with a blank canvas. I used the selection and mask tool for adding myself to the photo but also adding the water over my legs so it would look like I was in the water. I used the blurred tool on the edges to help eliminate any harsh lines that might’ve appeared. I also used the brush tool on soft round with light opacity to blend more the elements together as well. I incorporated my tag logo in the bottom left corner of the photo. I ended up using a photo I took when I went to the beach on spring break since I can't currently go to the beach. This assignment took me about 4 hours to complete.


10 comments:

  1. Leah, I love that you turned a bad situation (not being able to go to the beach) into art. I think your final outcome looks very well done. One thing I would've corrected is to make the water cover your legs the further down it goes because I think you can still tell you are standing at an angle. Other than that, i think you did a great job and hope you get to go to the beach again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, thank you for the feedback. I agree I would've changed the. positioning and angles of my body, the water, and the fish to give it a more realistic look.

      Delete
  2. I love this picture! It is super pretty with all of the vibrant colors. I like how you were able to blend the lower half of your body into looking like it was underwater. Was that hard to accomplish? I think this came out really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey! The hardest thing to accomplish was getting the background to look "seamless" I had to use the cloning tool a lot.

      Delete
  3. Leah, this project came out really nice. I'm also a fan of the beach and I love the tropical feel of this piece. I think the best achievement of this work is the way your lower half blends nicely into the water and appears translucent. The fish are a nice touch to hide all the blending. My only suggestion would be to make it blurry at the very bottom of your lower half to show the depth of the water affecting the way the image appears. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronan thank you for the feedback I agree I could've blurred the picture a bit more.

      Delete
  4. I think you did a really good job with choosing this image and even a better one with blending yourself into the picture to look like you are really there. I believe you did a great job with tweaking the opacity to the appropriate setting to make half of your body really look like it is in the water. Overall, great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Logan I really appreciate all of the positive feedback1

      Delete

  5. I like the freedom and serenity that is represented in your picture. The desire for freedom also comes across strongly in this piece as well. You meshed these two pictures together seamlessly and I really enjoyed the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vreanna, thank you for that great feedback! I am so glad that the message came across the way it was intended.

      Delete