Thursday, April 23, 2020

Business Cards














For my business cards, I wanted something that was sleek and elegant. I wanted a professional feel yet still try and keep the cards interesting but not over the top. As I started working on the assignment, I did it over a number of days and I mainly used my sketches as a rough draft/ basic guide. My final business cards have a lot of differences from what I originally planned for but I think they turned out a lot better. I added a funny slogan that I think everyone can relate to at the moment. I also altered my logo in illustrator to a more palatable color that I  thought would best suit all of the business cards. The slogan is placed in different locations depending on the business card layout. In the first business card, the background is dark grey with a black outline and there’s a pink line design that was created to help tie in the curves from the font that is used for the name; ultimately to achieve the goal of cohesive. The “L.Cordier” has a drop & inner shadow and outer glow (the shade is used from the mauve in the logo). In business card number two, the L has a directional feather added and the “Cordier” has a drop & inner shadow in addition to a basic feather. I created a “polka dot” shape to help make the card more interesting. The information is framed with a double-lined text frame and two scrolls that make the card look fancy and help tell the eyes where to look. In the business card three, I added a gradient that goes from left to right with a white diamond border, on the back of the bard the gradient changes and goes from right to left. The “L” has an outer and inner glow. The logo is placed on the back of the card to serve as a backdrop for the information, a light opacity was added. The “est.1999”  was lightened so that it would not take away from the main information. The white dots were added for guides for the eyes. I am happy with the way the cards turned out I would use the designs in the future in real life. I exported the pictures as pngs and with a 300 resolution.  Overall this assignment took me a total of 5.5 hours.


6 comments:

  1. These all look really awesome! The corona reference made me laugh. I really like all the background designs you chose as well as the color schemes. My only suggestion is maybe making the text on the back a little larger so it's easier to read. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, I am glad my corona references made you laugh! And great suggestion! I changed it for my portfolio, thank you for pointing that out.

      Delete
  2. All of your business cards look amazing! They are indeed, elegant. I love all of the little details that went into these. My only suggestion is to make the tiny font a little bit bigger and maybe darken it. I'm sure its easier to read on the actual PDF/PNG, but on here, it's a bit fuzzy. Other than that, great job!! Overall, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Molly! Good idea about making the font a darker color.

      Delete
  3. Your business cards look very professional and elegant. I like the glow you have on the "L" letter in your name on the third card. I suggest making your last name slightly bigger on the second card because it is hard to read. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I appreciate your feedback! I will definitely make that change for the portfolio, thanks for the help.

      Delete